Monday 19 January 2015

Protect Brick - 1.5 stars

What is it?
This is a game were you move a brick around to stop it being hit by flying objects. I am saying this early in the review but this is the most annoying app for adverts that I have downloaded in a long time. The adverts are that invasive and annoying that it made me stop my review. 

This isn't a tap game which is different from a lot of the new apps to the store, in fact you move the brick by putting your finger on it and dragging it around the screen. The blocks to avoid are fired from a centralised shooting semi square and each one rebounds and moves off the walls. The longer you stay alive and the number of blocks shot and survived seem to give the score.

You can look on the game centre for achievements and high scores. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 3 
There are no real instructions with the game but by messing around I figured it out on my second attempt at the game. This would have been quicker if not for the ads. 
Price - 3
This is free but with in app purchases, one of which I will expect to be to remove the ads. Where this fails is that you get so little game play vs the ads that you would not be temped to do so.

Adverts 1
AWFUL I was honestly angered by the adverts, I hadn't even started the game and was faced with a full screen ad and then a video ad that went on for far too long. Then after each play the same process. Just too invasive and frustrating. I appreciate that people need to make money from ads, but they should be checked before go live and really think, would I keep this if i downloaded it especially when before you even try to play there are video ads?

Overall Rating - 1.5
I couldn't continue with this app, watching adverts every 20 seconds is not for me. The concept is ok but not good enough to endure the endless adverts.

Keep, jury is out or delete - Delete
Delete, already gone.

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/protect-the-brick/id912146231?mt=8





Menu option - easy, medium, hard, crazy. Selected easy and greeted by an ad - sigh. Brief instruction, barely anything there, then a full bloody video ad for 10 seconds finished by a full screen ad... i may not be in the best mood to look at this app now. Game finishes - can't say i knew what i was doing and another 5 seconds ad.


No comments:

Post a Comment