Sunday 1 March 2015

Frog Up - 3 stars


What is it?
When I downloaded this game I expected it to be a version of the classic game Frogger, but I was wrong! The aim of the game is to hop the frog up the screen by landing on moving platforms. This reminded me of Super Mario, another classic I love to play. You tap to make the frog move, but as soon as you start the screen starts to move up adding another element to  the potential death of the little amphibian! This is another pixelated tap game using the retro look that is so popular on the App Store at the moment. This game is simplistic in its design and play.

I quite liked this game as it was simple but unfortunately it missed some key app elements out to fuel my competitive edge. The game is not on Game Centre which is such a shame, and I believe free for developers to add their apps. Without the Game Centre I had no idea how well, or probably more accurately, how badly I was doing.

I have had the game on my phone for a about a month and occasionally have a quick series of play to see if my feeble efforts have any improvement.

If you like pixel tap games and are fond of frogs then this could be up your street!

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 5
This game is simple to play and the singular instruction of tap to being is all you need, simples!

Price - 5
The game is free with no in app purchases.

Adverts - 4
The game does have footer ads but they aren't invasive and don't interrupt game play. It was refreshing to play a game that didn't have full screen and video ads.

Overall Rating - 3
Overall this game is simple to play and understand. It's not got the frustration of flappy bird but I was expecting Frogger so was a little disappointed. It's not the game of the year but I haven't deleted it so that is a good sign. I look forward to updates especially if they introduce the GameCentre feature :)

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep


Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/frogup/id933654509?l=en&mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment