Sunday 1 December 2013

Shape Shuffle A Shape Saga - 4 Stars

What is it?

This an educational puzzle game that gets you to replicate displayed pictures from a selection of shapes.  

Basically you drag the shapes you want onto the drawing board at which point you can rotate them into the required position and then add more shapes. Each time you place a shape a mini version appears on the right hand side, here you can drag the pictures into the order they should be laid/stacked. 

It took me a couple of attempts to understand that you have a limit to the number of shapes that you can add to the board, which forces you to think a bit harder to solve it.  

I discovered most of the functionality such as the removing, rotating and placing of the shapes in layers by trial and error so if you are using this with kids it might be worth having a go first and showing them how to use it. 

There three levels of difficulty: Easy, Medium and Hard. Each level does get more difficult but if you do them in order it feels like you are being coached through the answers.  The app uses bright colours and is designed really well to appeal to children and adults. 

At no point in using the app was I promoted to upgrade or buy additional levels, but they are available when you click on the shopping cart.  There is a  range of different bundles and episodes to buy at varied prices. 

I wasn't expecting to like this app, but I really did.  The puzzles vary really well and some get the old grey matter going!

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use - 3
This is easy to use for me as an adult who doesn't mind fiddling with the settings but it does lack some instructions for the younger or less brave users. 
Price - 4
This is initially a free app and comes with a great range of free puzzles. There are in app purchases but these are not constantly promoted which I liked.  

Adverts - 5
No annoying adverts! Excellent!

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep
I liked this game and I will be keeping it until I complete it. I will also be sharing this with my friends son who is 5 to see how he gets on!

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shape-shuffle-a-shape-saga/id688006714

No comments:

Post a Comment