Sunday 8 December 2013

What's Playing? - 3.5 Stars


What is it?
This is a guessing game, based on a series of three pictures that make up a short animation to show what it means.  For each picture, of which there are 500, you are given the number of letters in the answer and a selection of letters to choose from. When you get the answer correct you are given a selection of gifts to choose from which give you different stars as rewards. 

Stars are like credits, the more you have the more clues in the form of removing letters from the selection or revealing a correct one you have. These stars came in helpful to me as sometimes the answer doesn't immediately come to you.  Obviously, you can buy more stars through in app purchases, but I didn't test this no matter how frustrated I got! 

Some of the words are difficult to guess, I have been playing on and off for two days and have only got to level 44! Some on the guesses aren't in my opinion suitable for young children and I was shocked that one answer was suicide!

I do like this game as its different to Icomania, and more captivating than Need Boy. If you have played Icomania, the format and premise of the game will come naturally. The game is well designed, uses nice colours, and  you can tell effort has gone into making it. 

Now for some ratings.....

Ease of use -
If you have used Icomania then the format of this game is easy to pick up. The clues are not always easy and it can take a few seconds to confirm that you got the right answer. 
Price - 4
This is a free app with in app purchases. The bundles of stars come in different price ranges but I didn't sample these. I do like that you don't have to buy additional stars to unlock worlds, you just need to figure out the correct answer.

Adverts - 3
There are constant banner adverts in this app, but thankfully they do not interrupt game play. I didn't experience full screen adverts, which is refreshing!

Keep, jury is out or delete - Keep
I am going to keep this app for now, I will be asking my friends for help with some of the clues as when you get stuck and have run out of stars it gets frustrating. Its a nice change to logos and movies!

Where to find it:
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id704984180?mt=8&affId=2049622 

No comments:

Post a Comment